Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Trunk Show and Paducah purchases

It has sure been a busy week to come back home to!  I have 2 on call shifts at the hospital, 4 quilting classes to teach and one trunk show to do...plus all those usual things like laundry, grocery shopping, cooking, and cleaning. I rushed around to get myself organized on Monday,  taught a quilt class at the senior's centre and then drove to Elmira to do a trunk show at the Elmira Needle Sisters in the evening. I took a photo of some of my quilts piled up and ready for their showing. For some of these quilts (the ugly ones!) it's the only time they get unfolded and aired out! Anyway, it was a lot of fun to be at the Elmira guild and I was able to visit with a lot of quilters that I haven't seen for a while.
I have also been struggling this week to learn how to use my Mac computer.  Everything is hard the first few times...especially getting photos to load on my blog.  It is taking me about 3 - 4 times as long to get a blog post finished these days, and I sure am counting on that improving asap because my patience is running a bit thin on this technology challenge!! I will try to load photos of my purchases from Paducah and see how it goes!

On the left is one of my favorite finds...FQ bundles from Back Door Quilts. People always ask "what are you going to make with that"? I have no idea, but I just liked it and I'll probably put it into my next Quiltville mystery.  These fabrics are from the Jo Morton fabric lines.

On the right are some additions to my collection of the "Oh Cherry" Moda line. Again, I have no idea what I am making with these but they make me happy and apparently I want to make a quilt from them, so here they are!

On the left is a collection of odds and ends I found that jumped into my bag...a kit from the Robert Kaufmann collection called "Permission to Play" that I bought at Hancocks because it just glows,  two packs that were 5 FQ's for $5...so who could resist that, and some guitar FQ's because I thought I was making a pillowcase, but I have way too many now to be a pillowcase,  so I'm either making a dozen pillowcases, or a quilt!!!

This is a black and white collection that I bought to split with my friend Marj who asked me to pick up some pieces for her. I guess I am secretly planning to make a black and white quilt also!

And this is my favorite purchase of all...a FQ bundle from Batiks Ecetera. This was one of my favorite booths...alive with colour and a lot of fun things to dream about making.
My other favorite booth was the Cherrywood booth...I could have filled my sewing room to the rafters with the fabrics they make...gorgeous! I just bought 2 "grab bags for crazies" because I liked the idea of getting little pieces of all their fabrics and because I am crazy, so it was perfect for me! 

Oh yah...and somehow 3 of John Flynn kits jumped into my bag...don't know how that happened! These kits are all coordinated batik fabrics and are precut, so it saves 2 steps for you! But I haven't yet sewn one, so I hope it works out well...I'll let you know!
That's it! Well, except for a few little odds and ends that I can't find today. That's enough damage to the credit card, don't you think?!?!

10 comments:

Mary said...

Looks like my kind of shopping style. Bundles of charms and Fat Q's. Quilt show this week-end but I have to be good... Thanks for the eye candy.

Sweet P said...

You had a lot of fun shopping! You're doing well on the Mac. You'll be a pro at it in no time.

Becky said...

Thanks for showing pictures of your purchases from Paducah. I love seeing what other people buy, what projects they are planning. It will be fun to see your new purchases in futrue projects.

Greenmare said...

oooooooooooooooooooooooo look at ALL those fabulous yummy goodies!

Jean said...

What wonderful colors! I especially like the batiks also. Now to start planning the next quilts!

Jean said...

What wonderful colors! I especially like the batiks also. Now to start planning the next quilts!

Margeeth said...

Wow, you certainly bought a respectable amount. The remark about not being able to rests the 5 FQ's for 5$ sounds familiar to me, allthough I tried to ignore it, found myself ending up with lurker-fabrics a little too often.
The purchase you made that I like best are the batiks. They are gorgeous! If I was to start with buying my stash now, I would only buy batiks and of course use my own handdyes.

ShinyNewThing said...

Good for you! As I saw on a bumper plate, you and I are "Saving the economy one yard at a time", lol. I am still trying to find places to put all my Paducah purchases.

Jeanne said...

Looks like you did pretty well with your loot, too. *s* Is that Jo's Cinnamon and Spice bundle? Great minds buy alike. Can't wait to see what you'll do with the new additions.

Finn said...

Hi Kathy, I just linked over from Mare's and wanted to tell you how much I like your blog.
I've looked through your scrap quilts, and a few other categories. You get an amazing amount done, and I LOVE the snips and bits in the jelly jars *VBS* Hugs, Finn