Saturday, September 12, 2009

Triangle Open House

If you're free this afternoon and looking for something to do, come on over to the Triangle Open House. Directions are on their website here. You can see my newest finished project, which I haven't blogged about yet, and I'll be there for some of the time working on my guild challenge. It must be submitted tomorrow and I haven't even finished piecing yet...I still have the quilting, binding and beading to do...yikes!! I am stressed out, but only have myself to blame since I got the fabrics last fall and although I have been working on the design for months, I left the sewing until the last minute AGAIN! Apparently I like the drama and the adrenaline rush, because I could have prevented this!!!
Come by and chat with me while I rip the paper off the back (yes...it's a paper pieced monstrosity) and enjoy some great food.
P.S. I never thought I would rejoice at the illness of my children, but my daughter came down with a terrible cold so she came home from university for some rest and TLC...yippee! She wasn't planning to come home (didn't want to miss the parties) so I am delighted to see her and fuss over her...this is when I can shine with my mommy abilities...oranges anyone? hot tea? chicken soup?

4 comments:

Sandie @ crazy'boutquilts said...

I know just how you feel~ we dropped our DD off last week. :/ I love your quilting! The circles and feathers are fantastic!

Gina said...

That must be the first case of a mother happy that her child is ill. LOL

Love and hugs Gina xxx

Jean said...

I wish I could come, be sort of a long trip for 1 day for me....hope you have fun and get that project done!

Quirky said...

I was going to say I would love to come but I'm in the wrong Cambridge... but it looks like it's in Guelf! I haven't been there since my grandfather lived there 10 years ago!

Enjoy the adrenaline!