Sunday, September 27, 2009

Wonderful Weekend


I enjoyed a gorgeous fall weekend at a cottage in Northern Ontario with a group of friends from work. We have worked together for 5 years so we know each other well and can really let our hair down and relax. They helped me conquer my fear of boating and now look at me sitting at the front of the boat and not freaking out...smiling even!
We did a lot of talking...and I mean A LOT!
And we played some games, ate truck loads of chocolate, and had a wee drink or two. It was similar to a quilting retreat, only without any quilting!
Of course I took along some hand stitching to do while all the chatting was going on.  I made quite a bit of progress on block #7 of my "Journey of a Quilter" project. You can see my other blocks here.  I'm almost ready to start piecing block #8!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

What an exciting time you've described! Happy stitching now that you're back.

Wendy said...

Where you at Lake of the Woods? We've really had a beautiful September, well until today that is, its been windy and freezing. Anyways I just thought I'd say Hi since I just discovered your blog :)

Zlaty said...

looks like you had a lot of fun!

Zlaty

Sew Create It - Jane said...

Nice to enjoy the last few good weekends of fall before the real weather starts.