Sunday, November 22, 2009

Block fun

Remember those churn dash blocks I made in September? (You can check them out on this post.)
They were sewn together with blocks from other bloggers and made into a lovely quilt. You can read about it on Carol's blog here, or read about Darlene receiving her quilt on Darlene's blog entry from November 15th. Hope you enjoy your quilted hug Darlene!


I haven't done a lot of quilting this week. But I did go to Toronto with some friends to see the Radio City Rockettes Christmas show.
It was a fantastic show with amazing special effects, great choreography, and music. Two things that were delightful and rare these days...it was all "family friendly" entertainment, and it included a Nativity Scene. This is a very bad photo of the wise men following the star, but the costumes were spectacular in this scene. You can see some video clips of the show here.  In my favorite dance number the Rockettes were dressed as Santas.


In sewing adventures this week... I will be playing with my red and aqua blocks from Jane's disappearing 9 patch block swap. I got into the swap just under the wire and made my blocks up so fast that I didn't even take a picture of them before I sent them away. But here is the pile of blocks I received. I think there might be enough for 2 quilts, so I'll be sorting and sewing them this week.
And guess what else is happening this week?!?!
Bonnie at Quiltville is starting another mystery quilt on Friday. I have played along with 3 of her mysteries so far (Carolina Crossroads, Orange Crush, and Double Delight) so I know they are always lots of fun.
I will definately be sewing this one, but am still undecided as to which fabrics I will use...decisions, decisions!  No pressure...I have until Friday to decide!

3 comments:

Gina said...

Love the red and aqua blocks. They'll make a great quilt

Love and hugs Gina xxx

Dianne B. said...

Those colours are so pretty together. That's going to be a wonderful quilt! :)

julieQ said...

I am playing along too with Bonnie's mystery quilt...I will look forward to seeing yours!!