Monday, June 07, 2010

Design Wall Monday #23

Not a lot of sewing going on here this past week, as seems to be the case for many others out there in quilt blog land. Guess we're all out in our gardens...
digging and weeding, trimming and planting.

I did manage to get all the pieces cut out for Judy's June mystery step #1.

My goal was to finish sewing the first step by tomorrow, but I don't think that will happen. I was also hoping to have each block made from a different light and a different coloured fabric...I needed 18 of each. I have 14 combinations so far, so I'll either repeat some or wait until I find other fabrics to add. Still working on sewing the HST's into pinwheels.

And I have finished the 18 year odyssey of hand quilting on this quilt and here is a (not flattering!) photo of me hand stitching the binding down while at a lovely luncheon with my UFO support group last week. We enjoyed a delicious lunch with perfect weather and I made a great start on the binding. I am so excited about approaching the finish line on this project and will likely write a very braggy blog post about all the hand quilting details, with lots of photos later in the week.
What's on your design wall? To check out the design walls listed on Judy's blog - click here.

10 comments:

The Calico Cat said...

I have finally figured it out. It has to be a photo opportunity for me to work on binding!

Diane said...

the geese are just delicious looking.
And I'm so excited for you finishing up on that quilt!!!!Staning ovation!!!! Definately calls for a big braggy post with pictures!!!

Sue H said...

Love your geese! That mystery quilt is going to be lovely. And a big congratulations on your handquilted odyssey!!! Fabulous! (& thanks for stopping by my blog as well!) Sue

Holly said...

Flying geese are my second favorite after stars!

scraphappy said...

You are making great progress on the Judy Mystery. My goal is to go and get some sewing done before the next clue comes out tomorrow. Any UFO 18 years in the making deserves a serious bit of bragging. So what is the second oldest UFO on your list?

julieQ said...

I can't wait to see your hand quilting on you Odyssey quilt! That is not a bad picture...sis, I can show you some REALLY BAD pictures of me! Hey, I have not forgotten your package...it will be on the way this week...not enough hours in the day!

Barb in Mi said...

Great geese - and GREAT finish! Wow, how does it feel that nobody is asking: is it going to be finished this year? It has been finished in 2010, good for you! I am still lurking for Judy's mystery quilt, not sure if I will participate - or just admire beautiful blocks from quilters like you...

Glen QuiltSwissy said...

Congratulations on the finish! glen

Diana LaMarre said...

I hardly ever get to see hand qulting, so I am eagerly awaiting that post !

AnnieO said...

Your geese are very pretty in all those blues! Brown, blue and cream is such a classic color combo.

Good work on completing such an odyssey of hand quilting. That must be a wonderful thing, crossing that one off the list after so many years!