Friday, January 28, 2011

Indian Orange Peel Update

For a nice change of pace I sewed some arcs for my Indian Orange Peel project.
These are arcs #23 - 32.
I really do enjoy working on these arcs because a) I love paper piecing and b) it is mindless, relaxing sewing. The only decision I need to make is which colour will be the teeth and which colour will be the background.
I have occasional challenges deciding if a fabric is a warm or cool colour. Check out this one...is is yellow or yellow-green. If it's yellow, I can pair it with a nice blue or purple, but if it's yellow-green, I can pair it with an orange or pink. Which is it?!? Warm or Cool?? I'm sure the quilt police won't arrest me if I making an error here, but it's fun to ponder. According to my arc production chart, I am approximately 25 arcs behind schedule (glass half empty).  Or I can look at it as... I have now finished more than 1/4 of the 120 required arcs (glass half full)!

7 comments:

berylthepearl said...

These are lovely. I'd like to do this one, can you tell me where you got the pattern? Thanks

Linda said...

I vote for cool...It is definitely green to me. But, I'm not an official of the Quilt Police so you might not "Value" my opinion too much!

These look like shark teeth to me. I can just see what's that animated movie about Sharks with Will Smith? Hm, can't tell you right now, but I love the colors and I hope you have fun with this one.

Amy said...

I had to chucke! "paperpiecing" and "mindless" don't go together to me. But knock yourself out, girl! Those look so intimidating...but awesome!

Amy said...

LOL....and that should read "chuckle" not "chuke" ;0)

Kate said...

Your arcs remind me of "monster mouths" with very big teeth. Love your color choices. Congratulations on being half way there!

julieQ said...

Love those...they look like big ol fishy mouths...chomp, chomp!! So pretty in every way...and yes, the glass is always half full!

Jacqui's Quilts said...

Good job Kathy! You should be able to finish on time if you keep going with the mindless paper piecing LOL...I find it quite mindless too...just have to make sure I don't put the wrong colour next (I've had to take a few pieces out. I think we actually just have to have 100 done for the next class, but I'm hoping to get the 120 done while I'm on a deadline. Then I can get at the borders right away :-).