Wednesday, April 06, 2011

Moody Quilter

Are you a moody quilter??
I find that I have to be in a certain frame of mind to be able to tackle some quilty tasks, such as anything requiring math, attaching borders, making design or layout decisions, or learning new skills. This week I have not been able to do any of these things. Work has taxed my brain and I needed something really easy to sew.
So I got out my mini storm at sea project (Flynn laser cut kit) that I had put away in March (click here to read about that). This week I finished all the 1" (finished) square in a square blocks and can now move on to the rectangles and the larger 2" (finished) blocks.
That was just what the DR. ordered... some relaxing, easy, meditative sewing.
Ahhhh, I feel better already!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my. It's hard to believe that sewing those tiny squares can possibly be relaxing. They are absolutely gorgeous.

pcflamingo said...

I'm with knitnoid above - those teensy weensy tiny itty bitty squares look anything BUT relaxing to me! My idea of relaxing is a quick charity quilt made out of 6" squares!

The Cozy Quilter said...

I know exactly what you mean! That's why I am working on the Blue Ridge Beauty quilt right now instead of tackling the Indian Orange Peel... I will be ready for the challenge of IOP soon. Those little square in square units just sing!

Ellen said...

They look wonderful! I agree about the mood thing...if you aren't into what you are making at the moment then lots of mistakes happen.

Lori said...

It looks terrific...but so tiny!!

Kate said...

Beautiful blocks. They make an interesting image laid out on the cutting mat.

Gari in AL said...

I am the same. I can plan what I am going to do but when the time comes I may just not want to. After finishing quilting my last UFO, all I wanted to do was simple sewing so I worked on strips and 16 patches. Simple straight sewing made me feel good (no thinking). ;-)

Amy said...

and the INSANITY returns :0)

{{and yes, I'm a moody quilter too}}

Vivian said...

I am SUCH a moody quilter. Your method of waiting it out is much better than mine. You're being productive and still quilting. I sit and sift through magazines or books and just pout.
How do you like the precut kit you got from John Flynn? I've looked at them but passed for now.