Thursday, July 28, 2011

July UFO Update

3 more days until the month is over...but I am still hopeful that I can finish my July UFO (ever the optimist!)
The quilt top is together and I had just enough of the red fabric to make a narrow inner border, to fill in the missing spaces between the border blocks AND to make the binding!

I just love it! And I am so amazed at how well the whole top came together considering how many different quilters sewed the 9 patches (from Julie's block swap).
Here is a close up which shows the miniature 9 patch blocks around the corners.
I'm sure I can baste and quilt it in the next 2 days with 1 day left to get the binding on. I also want to put together the red and blue top by Saturday...that won't take long since the blocks are already in columns.

17 comments:

Butterfly George said...

Now this is my kind of quilt! Lots of charm and I especially like the focus on the corners with the small blocks. Beautiful!

Libby said...

Love it!

Jackie J said...

Love your quilt, especially the border. Great job Kathy.

Barb said...

What a wonderful quilt but I must say your header is sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo AWESOME!!!

Vicki W said...

I love what you did with the border. It really makes is special!

Janet O. said...

What a wonderfully scrappy 9-patch. Someday I need to do a block swap!
Your border treatment is great.
You have incredible ambitions for the weekend. Good Luck!

Heather said...

Kathy, this quilt is wonderful. love the narrow sashing and tiny corner stones. Way to sew.

Darlene said...

Oh, Kathy, I love it! :-)

Diane said...

It's just fantastic! I love the sashing, the borders-everything!
way to go.

LuAnn said...

Great quilt. I always love a nine patch quilt. I like the idea of the smaller nine patches on the corners.

AnnieO said...

Looking fantastically scrappy and charming! I love the cornerstones and small 9 patches in the borders!

Ellen said...

It looks great and I really like the little 9 patches in the border!

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Oh I Love it - You can do it!!! You can!!!

scraphappy said...

Your red for the border really ties everything together perfectly. Love how all those different colors come together so well in the end.

Kate said...

Love this quilt! Good luck on getting it all finsihed on Sunday. This quilt is on my do to list for some day.

Candace said...

Love this scrappy quilt, love the 9 patches, and I really love the borders. Great quilt.

Candace said...

Oops, I commented and rushed and I don't think it went. Anyway, I love this quilt. Scrappy is good, red is good, and I love the borders.