Tuesday, September 27, 2011

UFO Update

Today is the posting for the crumb along and I have been enjoying that project, so wish I could work on that. But I have to force myself to work on my UFO because the end of September is here in 3 more days! Having a blog with a public commitment to finish my UFO's seems to be very motivating to me... I'd be mortified to have to report that I started 'X' number of new projects this month but didn't fulfill my commitment of finishing my UFO!
Okay, so I'm machine quilting my September UFO (not reading the new crumb posting, nor am I digging around in the crumb box!) I did my usual walking foot grid of the block seam lines and now I'm free motioning around the circles.I think that might be all the quilting I do in the centre, and maybe just some quick stippling in the border. I'm not feeling the love for this quilt and think it might be a donation quilt unless a family member falls in love with it...unlikely

6 comments:

Diane said...

the public commitment really is a motivator-I agree! Even if that quilt is donated, it still feels so good to have a finish. good job!

scraphappy said...

Putting a goal out there on your blog is a great accountability tool. Makes me glad that I didn't join a UFO challenge this year. I did last year though and was so happy to cross all those project off the list. Maybe every other year is enough?

Janet O. said...

I don't join anything that requires deadlines. I feel like I would constantly be frustrated when I couldn't meet them. : ) Too many demands in life right now over which I have no control, so I just can't set myself up for failure. But I enjoy seeing what everyone else is doing and how committed they are to the goals. Admirable!

Ellen said...

Nothing like public accountablility to keep a person motivated! I looked at the quilt top and it does look like a carnival - lots of fun and lots going on. I think it looks great - someone is sure to cherish it!

Lori said...

Good for you for staying focused!! It is hard to work on a project you don't love.

Vivian said...

One of my main reasons for starting a blog was just what has been mentioned several times here -- the accountability. It's a bit of a push that keeps me going.
Even though you may not like that quilt, you'll find someone who will.