Sunday, October 14, 2012

Slow Stitching Sunday

Ahhhh...it's Sunday again! 
My favorite day - time to relax, put my feet up, breathe deeply, and do some slow stitching.  Like this spider (whose name is probably Charlotte) who has worked all week to stitch up the perfect web and now she can put up her feet and relax, and wait for her lunch to arrive!
I have been working on another Aunt Philly's Toothbrush rug. (You can see my first one here.) My friend Louise helped me to get the rug started and I am enjoying the second one even more than the first one. This rug is going to be in blue and yellow scraps for my bedroom. My goal is to make sure the tension is better on this one, and I'm hoping for a flatter lying rug this time!
And I have been working on an applique block...yes I have! I dislike applique for the most part and especially dislike that I can't make a point look pointy to save my life! But I am making the Votes for Women BOW, and really liked the story this week of Alice Stokes Paul and want to have this block in my quilt, so I'm doing it. 
And as soon as this block is done, I'm right back to hand quilting my 36 patch quilt. I enjoyed an hour of hand quilting last night while watching Bonnie do some treadling on Quilt Cam.
I guess this doesn't look like much from the back, but it sure does makes me happy :) 
What slow stitching is making you feel happy today? Link up your blog post below and share your stitching with us.

7 comments:

Deb A said...

Love your star block. I plan to cut mine out to applique later tonight after working. A perfect evening of slow stitching for me planned.

June said...

Oh, I like the way your rug is starting out..nice colors. Good luck with it!

Kate said...

Love the rug, especially the colors you are using. Very nice. I'm still debating if I'm going to make that one or not. I absolutely detest applique! YOur brown version is looking good.

Carla A Few Of My Favorite Things said...

Wow! Your rug is reminding me of the rope baskets we used to make in the eighties. I am amazed at the variety of projects you work on. Hope you are enjoying your slow stitching Sunday as much as I am.

Terri said...

Hey Kathy,
So I was reading along, and found a lady that is makeing the stars - same group as yours. Maybe she can help you with yours. Her address:
http://mikisquilts.blogspot.com/2012/10/making-stars.html
I hope this helps, I can't.
Hugs

Janet O. said...

I have the toothbrush tool--have had it for years, but I have never used it. I sure like yours!
I applaud you for doing the applique block, because I would be chicken and skip it. : )
Hey, any hand quilting is wonderful, whether it is straight lines for fancy feathers!

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Your quilt is totally amazing Kathy....you must be so very pleased...did you get my answer to your email about the Nice People Nice Things...