Sunday, May 19, 2013

Slow Sunday Stitching

It's Sunday! 
Time for some relaxing Slow Sunday Stitching!


 I am excited to share that I have finished 1/3 of the hand quilting (not including the border) on my Journey of a Quilter. I have quilted parts of some of the other blocks too, but blocks 3, 5 and 6 are completely quilted as of today! 



I finished the hand embroidery on block #3 in the fall of 2007 and here it is only 5.5 years later all quilted!

Wow...that journey went by fast!






Today I am going to spend some minutes hand quilting and hope you will make some time to do some relaxing stitching too! Link up your hand stitching post below and share your progress to inspire all of us slow stitchers.


10 comments:

sunny said...

ohh...I need to do some speed stitching today. There's a baby quilt to be quilted, and the shower is coming up soon. I love your stitcheries!!

Grit said...

Wow this looks really fantastic.
Greetings from Germany, Grit

Deb A said...

Great job Kathy. I plan to start hand quilting my fireworks quilt tonight. I can't wait to relax and enjoy some hand stitching.

Carla A Few Of My Favorite Things said...

I just love this quilt, it will be well worth the wait. Think of all the memories that it will hold.

Lesley said...

I always love to see your journey! I am doing a little hand quilting today on a mini-quilt while watching TV...too cold to garden. Enjoy your day!

Ellen said...

No need to rush - it is all about enjoying the journey!

Teresa in Music City said...

Love how your quilt is looking with all the wonderful quilting stitches in it now :*) I wish I had found time for some slow stitching this week but it was not to be. Hoping to rectify that this week!

Rose said...

Kathy, I love the idea of slow stitching Sunday, because I'm definitely a slow stitcher, so I'm going to link up. Your Journey of a Quilter is beautiful!

audrey said...

Glad you're making progress! Anything done well usually takes time.:)

Deanna W said...

five and half years is really not that long...in quilting years!!lol I stitched along with my embroidery (that I showed a couple of weeks ago) we were in the woods at our huntcamp and I had lots of handstitching time till they turned off the generator!