Saturday, November 09, 2013

Scrappy Saturday - brown started

It is brown month over at the Rainbow Scrap Challenge
I just finished machine quilting a brown quilt for a friend, and she is going to share some of her awesome brown scraps with me, so I'm looking forward to that.

I had a cutting frenzy this week and organized a lot of little batik bits for more Alamo Star blocks.

I had a wee bit of time with my brown scraps and so far have sewn 1 brown spool block and 4 Alamo Stars.
And I also finished up all the black blocks I cut last month...7 more spool blocks, and 3 pumpkin seed blocks.

To see what other quilters are sewing with their scraps, hop over to SoScrappy.

18 comments:

Deb A said...

Wow! You have been busy. Love your brown alamo stars.

Deanna W said...

Busy beaver!! Love the orange peels of black on those beige backgrounds...they look antiqued!! Isn't it fun and relaxing playing in the scraps!

Katie Z. said...

Ah, still beautiful Alamo stars. What a spectacular show they will make all together!

scraphappy said...

So many beautiful scraps. Enjoy your playtime.

The Cozy Quilter said...

Do you ever run out of scraps? Mine breed in the basement... I love watching your scrappy projects progress each week. Thanks for sharing.

Sheila said...

Ah. What beautiful scraps and sweet little blocks! You must keep all tiny pieces of fabric.

Lesley said...

All your blocks are wonderful, but I am in love with your blacks...awesome!

Karen said...

Your brown and black blocks are very pretty.

Janet O. said...

I like the splashes of color in the brown Alamo stars.
That cutting board covered with fabric looks so familiar. Did you take that photo at my house? : )

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Lovely Kathy...

Cathy said...

WOW, WOW, WOW! Love all your work this week. You've been busy. My fav are the Alamo Stars.

Northern Deb said...

Got to agree with Cozy Quilter... mine breed in the basement too. Is it from leaving them alone in the dark? I'm determined to make more scrap quilts to dwindle down my pile. Love seeing your projects ...lots of inspiration.

Cathy Tomm said...

I love the brown blocks, so much life. Great to clean up and finish the black ones too.

Julie in GA said...

So many lovely brown blocks! I keep thinking I might have to do some applique blocks next year.

margaret said...

some wonderful colour combinations in browns, great blocks

Angie said...

I'm drooling over all your scrappy goodness this week!

Deb@asimplelifequilts said...

I always look forward to your RSC13 posts! Love your scrappy makes.

Kate said...

Love your scrappy projects. Your's are so pretty and are a great use of your scraps.