Monday, August 25, 2014

Design Wall Monday



On my design wall today is a log cabin project I have been sewing for a long time.
I posted some possible design layouts last week (click here) and am really loving the 'on point' layout that reminds me of a sun setting over the water.
I have about 1/3 of the blocks finished, and about 1/3 very close to being finished, and the last 1/3 barely started.

Life is good... drinking tea, and sewing seams on a pretty featherweight.

I have really been enjoying the relaxing and repetitive sewing of these log cabin blocks. 


Even the usually boring pressing job is fun with these blocks! I am singing along to the recently released song "Come be weightless with me" by my daughter's very talented friend Mike Meacher. You can check it out here. All the amazing underwater photos were taken by Mike.
Hop over to Patchwork Times to see more design wall postings.

12 comments:

Lesley said...

Looks like a wonderful way to start the day! Love the way you are setting the blocks and love your featherweight. I just treated myself to one that looks very similar...sews like a dream!

scraphappy said...

What a happy and sunny quilt. It makes me smile even before seeing the blocks on your beautiful featherweight.

Kathy ... aka Nana said...

I love log cabins, and your setting does indeed look like a sun setting on the ocean (which I love, too!). Are your "logs" cut to size or do you trim after you've sewn on the "logs"?

Chantal said...

Yes, life is good. Enjoying your peaceful and happy sewing lucky girl. I have to go to work for another hectic week but ... it pays for my fabric so life IS good. I'll try to join you all tonight for some sewing. Have a great day!

Frances Meredith said...

I love the fresh colours of your quilt.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

like the layout!

Vroomans' Quilts said...

I liked the on-point setting just for the reasons you stated - sunset on the water. Going to be stunning.

Janet O. said...

I love your description for this setting!

Ramona said...

Wow! Love your color choices for your blocks. And your description of the setting is wonderful.

AnnieO said...

Classic color combo! I think you already have a name for this quilt :)

CathieJ said...

I absolutely adore the on point layout. I love, love, love log cabins and the many ways they can be combined.

Kate said...

Beautiful blocks! Very summery.