Thursday, October 02, 2014

UFO and NewFO

So after the dismal failure of September's lack of UFO progress, I am reluctantly saying I will finish this darn old quilt this month. 
Hmmm... really? 
Am I going to work on it this month?
Yes, because I couldn't possibly humiliate myself two months in a row!
It will be done and done by Halloween!
To see more promises for finished projects, hop over to A Lovely Year of Finishes link up party.




And a new project report...
the new batik mystery by Bea is so fun! I have finished last week's step, which was to sew 32 square in a square blocks. 
When you trim those dog ears, look at the yummy  confetti bits left on the cutting board.



I put them in a cute little jar and call them "quilter's jelly"!
Caution... do not put on toast and attempt to eat. 
For visual enjoyment only!!

10 comments:

The Cozy Quilter said...

That quilter's jelly might be good for you....if you need to increase the amount of fiber in your diet!

Deb A said...

I was saving the little triangles from cutting out the hexes in a ball jar - it was so colorful next to my sewing machine.
Good luck with your UFO progress this month. Pretty batiks.

Mary said...

Quilter's Jelly, you are making me giggle this am. I can't wait to see how you finish your UFO this month. Cheering you on!

Missy Shay said...

Sometimes life just gets in the way!

Scrappy quilter said...

Love that quilter's jelly. No weight gain on that, lol. Can't wait to see the mystery quilt when it is done.

Teresa in Music City said...

I'm not a big jelly fan, but those little morsels would be very tempting :*) I'm pulling for you to get that UFO finished well before Halloween - you go girl!!!

Connie Kresin Campbell said...

Your UFO is a beautiful, beautiful quilt! I really like the border on it and know you'll get it done. Bea's mystery quilt along looks fun, love your blocks and.....jelly!

Chantal said...

I do have a jar of that too but never thought of it as quilter' jelly. I love it! And it is SO easy to make!! Good luck with the UFO and NEWFO.

margaret said...

thanks for reminding me I seem to think I would have a go at the batik mystery must check out the blog and see what I should be doing!

Kate said...

Love the color in your NewFO! Batiks so so much fun to creat with.

Good luck with your UFO goal this month!