Thursday, May 14, 2015

Paper Piecing Success




Success!
The sting ray block is completed! This was by far the hardest paper pieced block I have ever sewn. The pattern is available over at Craftsy and is by Quilt Art DesignsI am delighted that I persevered, and that it's finally finished.





I did have a bit of trouble matching some of the seams, but that was easily fixed with a permanent marker. I just added a bit of dark ink where the point of the pen is so that it looks like the seams meet up there.




I was thrilled that my daughter said it looks like a real cownose sting ray! 

Here she is feeding some, so she ought to know how they look!

Post linked to Paper Piecing Party

14 comments:

julieQ said...

OOoohhh, that does look like a hard one!! It turned out so well!

scraphappy said...

Beautiful block! Congratulations on your success! Such a tiny gussy pattern, but when complete, the effect is amazing, always nice to achieve something difficult. Always a confidence boost!

Cathy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Cathy said...

Let's try this again..........Woohoo! Good for you! I knew you could do it.

Janet O. said...

Wow, great job! I wouldn't want to tackle that guy, but you did agreat job!

Mary said...

LOL on using the Pen to make it appear that the seam matched. I think your daughter is very Brave under water feeding stingrays.

Raewyn said...

Well done! Sneaky trick with the pen but just what was needed!

Debbie said...

Great idea with the pen to aid you! Excellent finish.

Mystic Quilter said...

My goodness that does look so lifelike, and so tricky!!

Dasha said...

How creative! I would never have considered piecing a stingray. Well done.

Deb @ Frugal Little Bungalow said...

You never cease to amaze and inspire :)

Quilt Art Design said...

You have done it! Great job! Its beautiful!
Now nothing will be too difficult....
I do the same with the "Pen"...
J :)

Anonymous said...

Nice job! That does look like a hard pattern

Kate said...

Nicely done! That one has a lot of very little pieces.