Saturday, September 26, 2015

Saturday Sew Along Day

It's Scrappy Saturday and I'll be sewing up some orange scraps as leader-ender blocks along with the Rainbow Scrap Challenge quilters. These are my most recently finished Alamo Star blocks that will be add to my collection. I like the variety of low, medium and high contrast blocks.

I would like to announce the winner of the draw for the free patterns from Jacquelynne Steves. There were 48 comments on the giveaway blog post, and the random number generator picked # 27, who was Laura. Congratulations Laura and I hope you enjoying trying the quilt and the needlepunch patterns.

Today I'll be working on my Cozy Afternoon quilt with the Sew Along hosted by Jacquelynn. All my blocks are made and I'm working on the layout decisions for the quilt. Jacquelynne's pattern makes a quilt about 66" square and I wanted a smaller version. So I am changing the layout using only the embroidery blocks and some outside setting triangles. 
I also need to make some fabric decisions since I don't have enough of any one fabric to make all the setting triangles. This is a terrible photo, but it does show some of the fabrics I am auditioning. By the end of the day, it will all be decided.  Come join us over at the sew long if you have some sewing time on your schedule today.

10 comments:

Kate said...

Your orange Alamo Stars are so fun and bright, gorgeous colors there. Have fun finishing up Cozy Afternoon.

scraphappy said...

Two totally different fabric effects. I love the punch that the bright colors add to your star collection. The other blocks are just so beautiful and calm. Being able to switch styles is all part of the fun.

Sheila said...

Beautiful blocks. Beautiful needle work.

Edith said...

Nice orange blocks, and I just love the look of Cozy Afternoon.

Mystic Quilter said...

I too like the contrast in these Alamo Stars and the touch of green is good.

Janet O. said...

Love the orange Alamo blocks!
The fabric on the right side is clicking for me--but I can't see any of them real well, so what do I know? : )

Kaja said...

Cozy Afternoon is so pretty; really delicate lovely colours.

gayle said...

I always love seen those tiny little stars!

The Joyful Quilter said...

Alamo Stars + ORANGE batiks = PERFECTION!!

Magpie Sue said...

That's a great range of color in your orange Alamo blocks. Well done!