Wednesday, October 21, 2015

Country Roads Finish!

The link up has started for the Country Roads quilts so I had to hurry up and finish it.
This is the latest mystery quilt along project from Lori at Humble Quilts
I used the red and teal fabric that was leftover from my most recent Scrap Squad quilt because it was laying around my sewing room. The hardest part of making this quilt was picking the grey fabric for the setting squares. Having too many choices often makes the decision making process much lengthier.
I machine quilted this one in straight lines using my hera marker and walking foot. Quick and easy.
This quilt is sitting in the middle of my table with my favourite candle. 
Maybe I should call it "Peaceful Country Roads".
Click here to go to the link up party and see over 30 finished Country Roads. Thanks again Lori for another fun quilt along!

25 comments:

Janet O. said...

Just finished looking at all of the links and then I saw your post on my blog roll. Nice job. I love the uniqueness of your colors. Road to Peace. : )

Quilting Babcia said...

Lovely finish! I have yet to start mine, always a month behind it seems.

Lesley said...

Lovely quilt! Well done!

Deb A said...

Love the peaceful country roads name! Very nice finish.

Deb @ Frugal Little Bungalow said...

So pretty! :)

Deb @ Frugal Little Bungalow said...

So pretty! :)

Ellen said...

Well done...I think the gray was the perfect choice!

Vroomans' Quilts said...

I love how you set the reds differently - what a different look to it. And the grey really works well - well done.

beaquilter said...

great finish, love the colors

Barb said...

Love your version! great reds

karen said...

Wish I'd waited to quilt my Country Roads, I like your quilting much better! The gray background is perfect.

julieQ said...

OH fun!! Love your fabric choices!!

Anonymous said...

Love your version! That gray is a great choice for the alternate blocks!

Sheila said...

Congratulations on a finish. Gray is becoming very popular. Love how you made it work beautifully in this mystery quilt.

AnnieO said...

Your unique twist--"it came from leftovers "

Gayle said...

Great version of Lori's design - I like it a LOT!

Kaja said...

Congratulations on a very pretty finish.

Stephie said...

It may have been hard Kathy, but that grey was the perfect choice! I love the way your straight line quilting has made cross country roads in the setting squares too!

Chantal said...

Beautiful! Congrats on a finish. It does look like a peaceful country road. ;^)

Aunt 'Reen said...

Your Country Roads looks fabulous!
The fabrics and colors you chose are wonderful.

Lori said...

I love the gray fabric with your blocks! Nice work!!

Karen said...

Your quilt looks oh so different with a color combo different than what I have been seeing. Nice that you could use up scraps to make the little blocks.

Mary said...

Good Job! I am hand quilting mine so it might be awhile. I'm out of practice,

Danice G said...

Very pretty Country Roads quilt. Excellent work :)

Kate said...

Beautiful finish. The grey really highlights the reds. Beautiful color palette.