Tuesday, October 20, 2015

More machine quilting... and a new sew along starting!

Did you see that Pam Buda is starting a new Pocket Patchwork Sew Along called Tucker - fabric requirements are here.  I made the last pocket patchwork project called Nabby's Dowry, and it's one of my favourite quilts. So you just know I'm eager to start this next one. And it's all small scrappy pieces, so that's even better!



But first.... I have to finish my last sew along project. I do have some bits of self control, on some days! It's pin basted and half quilted. It's a great little project to work on when I am tired of pushing and pulling my large UFO through the machine. I am marking the quilting lines as I go along using my hera marker. It's my favourite tool for marking stitching lines. Now I am highly motivated to finish it up since a new project is on the horizon!

8 comments:

Gina said...

I'm severely tempted by that sew along. I was going through my scraps yesterday and thought I needed to do something about them

Lesley said...

Oh my, your little project is gorgeous! Will look forward to seeing your progress on Pam's sewalong too!

Mary said...

Yes, I get Pam's newsletters so I know about the New SAL. We shall see if I start it with all the other projects that need to be finished before the Fat man in the Red suit makes his appearance. I can always start it after I see it on your Blog, huh?

Janet O. said...

I'm just finishing up quilting my second version of Lori's SAL and debating if I should try Pam's or just save the instructions. I could be sorry either way.
I'm impressed by the bits of self control you do demonstrate. : )

Chantal said...

Thanks for sharing Pam's sew along. I didn't know so I truly appreciate. I'm heading over her blog to get the scoop. Your Country Road is beautiful.

Flickenstichlerin said...

Oh my Kathy,
this sew along is tempting.
Greetings,

Ivani said...

Kathy after reading this post, can you image what happened? Yes. I am in! Fabrics ready for the next clue tomorrow. Thanks for sharing.

Kate said...

Looks like you are making great progress on the quilting. You've finished off a lot this year, you should have fun with a new quilt along.