Thursday, March 31, 2016

UFO of the Month Tale of Woe

Swoon was my project for March and my goal was to get all 9 of the blocks machine quilted. Things were going along great (details here) until I ran out of backing fabric. I then wasted more than a week visiting quilting stores after work to see if they had any of that fabric. Of course they didn't, because it's old fabric, and I will need to piece the last two backings with scraps. 

I was able to quilt 7 of the 9 blocks. 9 blocks you say?!?
I could only find 8 blocks!
The 9th block was MIA. I thought I had sewn all the blocks, but I did remember having a problem with not having enough of one of the yellow fabrics. Clearly I didn't actually sew that block because I found the pieces in the Swoon box!
So, it's the end of the month and I am disappointed that I didn't meet my March goal, but I am farther ahead on this quilt than I was last month.
To enjoy some UFO finishes, hop over to One Monthly Goal link up.

12 comments:

Heide said...

I am working on the same pattern the month, I too have only one more block to sew and just can not find the time to finish. Fingers crossed that I will have Sunday afternoon time to get this finished. Can I ask...how big are you squares? Mine are large, 24.5 24.5. I am only making 6 squares and using a larger border. I love your fabrics that you are using. Looking forward to see your finish.

Mary said...

I'm sorry you didn't get to the end of this UFO. It will be pretty when it's done. The backing doesn't matter so much. Did you ask your blogging friends if they have any?

Flickenstichlerin said...

Dear Kathy,
it is still a progress and your quilt will turn out so beautiful.
Greetings,
Sylvia

Robin said...

I look for older fabric at quiltshops.com and usually find what I need. Today's search was looking for yellow pez fabric found in the Potluck line by American Jane. It came out in 2013. I found green, blue, and red but no yellow. Good luck.

Marlene said...

Looking good even though you didn't meet the goal. Hope you find extra fabric for the backing.

Janet O. said...

I think you should still feel really good about what you did get accomplished. You came SO close!!

Lisa J. said...

Well Kathy, it may not be finished but it's looking great. I love those yellows, and is that grey I see in this quilt.

Mary Bolton said...

I have found fabric matches across the country by googling the info given in the selvege. Your blocks are beautiful.

Debra said...

Your blocks are really pretty... hope you find the fabric you are looking for, but at least you made some progress! I forgot I only had until yesterday to post my OMG finish... oh well. LOL

Deanna W said...

Hate it when that happens and you run out of fabric. You should show us what you are looking for..maybe one of us has some!?! Good luck finishing this one...easy peasy for April!!

Kate said...

Progress is progress and you made a lot.

Heidi said...

These look amazing, & you are almost to the finish! That's the nicest part of QAYG!