Wednesday, May 04, 2016

April Aurifil

I just finished sewing the Aurifil 2016 block of the month.

The April block is called High Tide and was designed by Kate Spain. It was a very interesting block to piece, and I'll admit that my seam ripper had a bit of a workout. I will spare you the torture of looking at photos of all the incorrect versions of the block that I created! This is the right one (I hope!)
It looks a little frenetic. 

When I cut all the pieces I thought it would be a good combo, but perhaps there is not enough contrast between the reds? Or maybe the prints are too busy? Actually it looks better on the computer screen than in real life :)
I still have to go back and sew block #3 from March since somehow I missed that one.
You can see lots of interesting variations of this block at the link up over at Pat Sloan's blog here.

4 comments:

Samplings from Spring Creek said...

The block is beautiful and looks perfect--all quilters have sewn blocks together incorrectly that's why we keep the seam ripper folks in business

Deanna W said...

That seam ripper was created for a purpose! I just don't know how you keep up with all these blogs and happenings. I have trouble keeping up with what is going on at the three guilds I belong to!!!

Ivani said...

It is a pretty block! ♥ Red and White

Kate said...

Lots of great reds. I think it's visually interesting, it's not too busy.