Wednesday, September 06, 2017

Blockheads Update

The Blockheads mystery sampler project is moving right along with over half of the blocks posted now.
Block #24
One of the most challenging (for me) was block #24 called "Corn. No Beans". There are 72 pieces in this 6.5" block and when I sewed it the first time, it was too big. The air was a little blue in the sewing room for a few minutes! Once I calmed down, I took apart the entire block, carefully re-trimmed every HST (some were a few threads too big) and then resewed the block again. Carefully and slowly. And will you look at that... it's perfect now!
Block #26

This is block #26 called Cat's Cradle. There was no drama with this one... no reversing the lights/darks, no cutting mistakes, and everything came out to just the perfect size. I love it when that happens!

Check out the variety of blocks being posted on the Blockheads Facebook page. You don't have to be a Facebook member to be able to view the postings and it is inspiring to see all the variations on each of the block patterns.
Block #27 was posted today and is called "Union Variation". I'm off to the sewing room... but before I go, here is my block collection so far:

5 comments:

Teresa said...

I am doing these as well, but I have been paper piecing my blocks. I tried the first few block without paper piecing and it was just too hard for me to get it right. Enjoyed seeing your blocks.

Deanna W said...

Good to know even the professional quilter has to unsew sometimes!! haha

Janet O. said...

Wow--that took patience and determination to take it apart, trim, and resew! I probably would have just started over. Congrats on a successful redo!
Really like Cat's Cradle, too.

AnnieO said...

I might just have started over!, if I were crazy enough to have started the first time, haha The block looks great! Enjoy.

Kate said...

I can't imagine working with all those small HSTs. You definitely win the patience award for last week!