Monday, December 18, 2017

Mystery Update

Step #4 of the Quiltville mystery "On Ringo Lake" was posted on Friday and some quilting friends came over that evening to sew. Three of us are doing the mystery project. Well, truthfully two of us are sewing, and one of us (not mentioning any names) is still playing with her fabric piles. I don't think any actual blocks have been sewn yet! 

To be fair, she does have a lot of other things to do that keep her pretty busy... like dressing up as Frosty the Snowwoman and providing entertainment for us! Here she is at my sewing machine pretending to sew one of my blocks, and still managing to avoid sewing any of her own blocks!



Although the visit from Frosty was hilarious and quite distracting, some sewing did actually happen. I finished about 1/4 of the required blocks for step #4 . And I may have eaten all of the chocolates that were sitting at my machine. Sew 10 blocks, have a little sweet reward. Works for me :)



We put some blocks up on the design wall. Bonnie's recommended colours for this step are brown and aqua. My blocks are dark blue and light blue (on the left), and Sandy's colours are brown and blue (on the right). Sandy was worried about not having enough contrast in her blocks but I think there is enough, and they are going to be great beside her other blocks.



And here they are... isn't this a fantastic block collection?!
To see more design wall postings, hop over to Small Quilts. To see more mystery quilts in development, hop over to the Quiltville link up party for "On Ringo Lake".

16 comments:

Ellen said...

Looks like you were all having a good time - especially Frosty!

Carole @ From My Carolina Home said...

What fun!! I love having sew days with friends.

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

I admire all these precisely sewn blocks and I love the entertainment you got for your sewing night!

Alison V. said...

These units look fantastic!

Marly said...

What a super relaxed evening you must all have had! Great fun and no stress! All your blocks together look great!

Marcia said...

Is Frosty drinking something ?

Feathers in my Nest said...

Well, you managed to get a lot done! Beautiful!

Deb A said...

I really need to get back to this. Your parts and pieces are looking great.

Mary said...

Your firendsa are crazier than my friends, lol. Glad to sew with Friends anyday! The Blues are nice!

Sarah said...

Frosty is hilarious! Looks like a fun time?

Turid said...

Your blocks look fantastic.

Mónica said...

I think both color options have an interesting contrast and I can't wait to see the final quilts. How fun to sew among friends, specially if they are a little bonkers! ;)

Jill said...

Fun quilt party with feel good treats ;-)

Karen in Breezy Point said...

How fun to sew the mystery along with friends! I can hardly wait to see how everything will come together into a quilt!

Daffycat said...

So much fun, sewing with friends! The units look great too!

Marie said...

Frosty cracked me up! That almost looks like a weight loss suit... Quilters gotta have fun.