Tuesday, February 06, 2018

Super Sewl Sunday

Sunday was our annual Super Bowl sewing day. There are 5 of us in our little group (including me) and we call ourselves the Sew 'n Sews. 
We spend the day together and either work on our own projects, or sew a mystery quilt. Click here to see last year's project.
This year some of us sewed the mystery quilt called "Three Cheers for the Red, White and Blue" posted over at ScrapdashThis is what I started with, using up some train themed fabrics from my stash.


A couple of us sewed all day, from 10 am to 6 pm with only a brief break for lunch. Not everyone was able to stay the whole day, but my friend Gayle did get her blocks finished and ready to sew together. Here they are laid out on the sewing table. Her fabrics are the softest flannels and will make a lovely baby quilt.

I managed to get my  blocks sewn together and the borders on. 
You can see more variations on this pattern here
Thanks to Kris for a fun pattern to sew to celebrate Super Bowl Sunday, which we like to call Super Sewl Sunday, since we are fans of sewing, not football!
If you're a fan of the commercials, the Audi 2018 Super Bowl ad gets my vote for favourite this year.

9 comments:

Barb said...

What a great tradition and clever name!

Mary said...

That's a great little project. Glad you could spend Super Sewl time together.

Deanna W said...

Must feel great to be back sewing and quilting with friends! I have been working on UFO...hoping this is the year I clear them all out of the piles!!

Sarah said...

A great project! I love the pattern and fun to sew with a group of like minded friends!

Louise said...

Neat pattern! I like it in your train fabrics. And what a fun way to spend Super Bowl Sunday :)

Ellen said...

Really cute Kathy! I was tempted to join in but didn't - now I wish I had.

Chopin - A Passionate Quilter said...

Oh I like this! Nice work for a Super Sewl Day

Ivani said...

Soo Pretty. Love the train fabrics as well. How fun!

Julie said...

What a fun quilt! I was tempted, but told myself no, you have too many UFO's! We don't watch football and my students were shocked!